*~*All Organic - All The Time*~*

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #19: 13 Things on my Altar




Thirteen Things on my Altar






1. Candles - I burn them when I pray for something or someone.

2. A bit of my best friend, Deanna's, ashes.


3. The birthing bracelet made at my baby shower by the women there, that I wore during my last birth


4. The bracelet I made at my friend, Kyrai's, Discovering Woman Together workshop

5. A birthing statue


6. A rune with the symbol "Open" on it


7. A butterfly pin my daughter gave me


8. A dolphin charm a girlfriend from graduate school gave me


9. A Petosky stone I picked up on my honeymoon


10. A charm I got from the Renaissance Faire with the symbol "Om" (the first sound) on it


11. A butterfly charm Michael gave me

12. A black stone I use to hold my anger


13. A white stone I use to hold my hopes


How's that for woo-woo? *grin* Bet I'm freakier than you are!

SEE MORE THURSDAY THIRTEENS HERE





13 comments:

pussreboots said...

No altar here and certainly no "woo-woo" either. I'd only first heard the word "woo-woo" early today and then again with your TT. The first tiem was in the context of some weirdo wanting to tear down a local landmark to building something with better "woo-woo."

Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your sacred space with us. I am honored and touched, my sister.

SandyCarlson said...

That's an interesting space. The items you keep here tell a wonderful story. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting, but what makes it an altar rather than a shelf?

I like that butterfly pin.

Sandee said...

I don't have an alter either, but I don't see anything wrong with having one either. Good for you and thanks for sharing. Have a great TT. :)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I don't have an altar - yet. I have a book right next to me called 'The Book of Chakra Healing' which I bought a few months ago. I'm open to start collecting things for my altar, and one of them is that book. Thanks for sharing yours with us. I love that thicker bracelet surrounding the container.

Unknown said...

Well, the ashes threw me a little. How sad...Oh dear. OK. I have to go now.

Patty said...

I stopped by to view your wordless Wed. but I love the altar photo. I will be back for a closer look at your blog.

Anonymous said...

Cool. I'm too spartan to have half those items.

Not Afraid to Use It said...

I've been by a few times before for WW, but girl you are on my hot list now. Good on you for putting this out there. What a beautiful, beautiful post. Thanks for sharing. Mine has been sadly neglected, but you have inspired me to pay better attention.

Darla said...

Very nice, very meaningful.

It's been a while since I've heard anyone mention a petosky stone. They were cool things to find when I was a kid.

Natalie said...

A little freaky, yes. But it makes you interesting.

Lydia Netzer said...

Yeah, you're TOTALLY freaky!!! :) :) So adorably freaky. Hey, I think it's cool, it's like a three dimensional scrapbook without all the pastel and little bears and watermelon slices. Hehehe.